Nor-Lake Scientific is dedicated to providing the most environmentally friendly equipment while still providing optimum energy efficiency. In answering this challenge, we developed the AIR ( Alternative Industrial Refrigerants) Initiative to outline our refrigeration plans. Under this program, we will utilize a combination of HFO blended refrigerants and foaming agents as well as natural refrigerants such as R290 and R600a. The AIR Initiative will allow us to provide our customers with the most complete product line in the industry including remote and self-contained cabinets, walk-in, single compressor condensing units, and multi-compressor rack refrigeration systems.
Natural refrigerants are chemical which occur in nature's bio-chemical process. There is a large range of natural refrigerants including ammonia, carbon dioxide, and the most common of which are propane and isobutane.
- Zero Ozone depletion potential (ODP)
- Very low global warming potential (GWP)
- Highly energy efficient in small systems
- Excellent thermodynamic properties and refrigeration glide
- Large installed base for commercial application across Europe
A blended refrigerant is a combination of two or more single component refrigerants. Blends provide many advantages including:
- Up to 84% reduction in global warming potential when compared to traditional HFC's
- Increased energy efficiency and similar performance characteristics compared to HFC's
- Approved and supported by major component manufacturers
- No charge limitations
- Continue to use current standard thermostatic expansion valves, filter driers, and solenoid valves
- They are extensively field tested as drop-in replacements with no equipment, lubricant, or seal changes
- No special aftermarket service requirements